Housing Need Survey
- A survey of local housing need was carried out by Cornwall Council’s
Affordable Housing Team, on behalf of South Hill Parish Council, between 20th
March 2023 and 30th April 2023.
- The survey was sent to 225 households in the parish, and 65 responses were
received – a response rate of 29%.
- 12% of respondents stated they were in need of affordable housing, 100% of
which stated they had a local connection to the parishes.
o 6 (75%) want to live Anywhere in the Parish
o 2 (25%) want to live in Golberdon
o 2 (25%) were interested in self-build housing
- The survey identified 6 ‘hidden households’ that are not registered with
CORNWALL COUNCIL encourage all parishes to consider conducting a parish survey.
Parish and other housing need surveys:
- Provide vital information about the housing need in an area
- Help in planning new developments
- Help to show the need for affordable housing
- Help show the level of community support for new development.
- Parish surveys can help to produce a Parish Plan, which sets out a vision for a parish.
You can see other parishes that have had recent housing need surveys here Housing needs surveys and reports – Cornwall Council