MUST READ GUIDE: updated monthly Recycling guide V25
Medicine Blister Packs please take to SUPERDRUG Launceston, Liskeard, Saltash, Tavistock, Plympton, Plymstock and Plymouth stores Thank you
AUGUST Collections: Sat. 13th TAVISTOCK Kings car park Pixon lane, near the scout hut 10:30- 11:30am and Thurs. TBC PLYMOUTH Scrapstore, Union St. Stonehouse. PL1 3HB 10 -6pm
SEPTEMBER Collection. You can drop your sorted items at the following:
Sat. 3rd Bude Neetside Artisan Market by the Methodist church 11 – 1ish
Tues. 6th St Dominick shop 10:30 -10:40am, Callington B&M car park 11- 11:35am, Tamar Valley AONB car park 12 – 12:35 can you help take the trailer around?
Thurs 8th Launceston TESCO 10:15- 11:15am. South Petherwin at the Frog & Bucket 11:30am & Coads Green old phone box 12 noon
Thurs. 15th Plymouh Scrapstore, Union St. Stonehouse. PL1 3HB 10 -6pm
Sat. 17th Tavistock Kings car park Pixon lane, near the scout hut 10:30- 11:30am
Sun.18th St German’s with Freddie Eliot arms car park 10:30 – 11:30am
Tuesday 20th Saltash Deli- Bazaar shop 30 Fore St. 9am – 4:30pm
No collection at PENSILVA this month & TBC LISKEARD Cattle Market with Carole
- Bude have their own FB group recycling for charity – Bude collection
CAN YOU HELP Box up at GREEN MEADOWS Golberdon Let me know when suits you Ali 07305 044049 or email SHARE@south-hill.co.uk Usually takes an hour. Thank You
Full list of items that you can recycle:
- All biscuits & crackers & cake wrappers, no trays
- triggers & pumps off bottles
- latex style disposable gloves
- plastic air fresheners and packaging
- flexible packets from dishwasher tablets, salts and stain remover
- Marigold branded gloves
- used toothbrushes, electric heads, interdental brushes, dental floss packaging, floss sticks/harps. toothpaste tubes and boxes
- Ferrero Rocher boxes & trays
- CD’s & DVD’s and their cases
- fist size Inkjet print cartridges.
- Aqua brand only water filters
- Coffee packets and sachets, now all brands including Taylors.
Text 07305 044049 or email SHARE@south-hill.co.uk for any questions.
The manufacturers that sponsor the programmes dictate what can be accepted.
Remember its not the packet it’s what was in the packet that is important.
- all sweets & chocolate wrappers no foil or paper
- all crisp & snacks, pringles, popcorn, pretzels & peanut packets
- all personal care products in soft plastic tubes, inc. all plastics in hair dye kits and disposable gloves
- Lip sticks, balm & lip gloss, mascara & eye shadow compacts
- Cheese packets, cheese nets, labels & Babybel wax
- Warburton’s waxy bread bags.
- All bread bags and bakery packaging rolls, baps, bagels, crumpets, wraps, pittas, thins, croissants, brioche…
- Pens, highlighters, markers, felt tips, correction fluid pots
- unwanted Mobile phones and their cases, cameras, gadgets, postage stamps, foreign money for hill ponies.
- Plastic bottle tops for DCW
ALL items must be sorted into the different programmes, not mixed. We cannot sort your items.
If you are closer to Redruth, check out https://www.upcyclekernow.org/
PLUS Old mobile phones, cameras, gadgets, used stamps and unwanted jewellery can also be recycled for the Hill Pony Resources charity, who are supporting ponies here on our doorstep https://hillponyresources.weebly.com/
Cornwall Council confirm our recycling is not being dumped in landfill anywhere. A small percentage is reprocessed in Europe, legally, responsibly and ethically.
In August 2019 SHARE visited the Materials Recycling Facility(MRF), and the Energy Recovery Centre (CERC) Bodmin, to see the recycling and incinerator converting waste into electricity.