Money saving schemes from South West water and are really great for families on low incomes /family tax credit / benefits.
One policy particularly benefits those on low incomes with 3 or more children or a household with someone who has a medical condition that requires more water to be used.
You may qualify for a social tariff to help reduce your bill if you are on a very low income. You may qualify if:
1. You are on a water meter or on assessed charges
2. The person who pays the water bill or someone in your household receives one or more of the following means tested benefits:
• Housing Benefit
• Income Support
• Income-based Job Seeker’s Allowance
• Income-based Employment and Support Allowance
• Pension Credit (guaranteed element)
3. Your ‘equivalised’ weekly income, after housing costs, is less than £295
Help with metered bills – the WaterSure Tariff
You may qualify for a lower bill if you receive a means-tested benefit or tax credit.
WaterSure can help you if you have a low-income and your water is measured by a meter. We can put a limit on your charges for water and sewerage services, if you meet the following conditions.
1. Your supply is metered
2. The person who pays the water bill or someone else in your household receives benefit or tax credit
3. There are either:
- three or more children under the age of 19 living in the household for whom the person receiving the above benefit also claims Child Benefit; or
- you or someone living in your household has a medical condition which causes extra water to be used.
FREE Money Saving Products savewatersavemoney.co.uk/southwest/free-water-saving-products
Info sourced by SHARE South Hill Association for Renewable Energy www.south-hill.co.uk/share