Nick Easton Chaired, Ali Humphreys took notes, there were 16 present & 6 apologies – a Great start.
8 years ago a successful day was run alongside the ‘SHOW’. The Hall committee want to support The Horticulture Show events and bring together new people and ideas and through sponsorships and fees be able to donate to a couple charities and have a FUN FILLED DAY.
Coordinating times with THE SHOW The Fun Day will probably start at 12 noon and finish at 5:30pm in time for the WI Duck Race then continue into the evening with music, food and drink.
A number of great ideas were discussed, events will include a Dog Show, Box Car Race, Bouncy Castle, Pig Racing, Welly Toss, Egg n Spoon race, photo opportunities and various static displays.
- We’re looking for sponsors.
- We’re looking for any outdoor games like smite, skittles etc
- We’re looking for people to bring their vintage tractors.
- We’re looking for a celebrity to award the prizes and add to the day.
- We’re looking for FREE Music entertainment
- We’re looking for Marquee, tents, gazebos
- We’re looking for volunteers on the run up to and on the day.
We’re looking to promote this event outside the parish, if you have contacts with any school newsletters, church/parish magazines, youth groups, where we can advertise, let us know.
Send ANY IDEAS and invite anyone that would like to be involved.
NEXT MEETING Parish Hall Tuesday April 28th 7:30pm.
See you there.