We asked people to let us know what was most important to them
· Reducing car journeys through more buses and trains, more frequently and helping people to walk and cycle more easily
· More public charging points to help people switch to electric cars
· Building more energy efficient new homes
· Making existing homes more energy efficient and greener
· Getting more solar energy panels on rooftops
· Creating more large scale renewable energy farms
· Planting more trees
· Helping nature and wildlife to thrive
· Making it easier to reduce, reuse/repurpose and recycle waste
· Making it easier to reduce single use plastic(s).
CAN YOU tick off any of these as things you have done ?
· Rung an energy supplier to see if you can switch to green energy
· Buy local seasonal produce as much as possible
· Educated yourself about the science and impacts of climate change
· Contacted our MP and ask your friends make these ten pledges too
· Walked, cycled, used public transport or arranged to car share to work or shop.
· Worked on your carbon footprint using one of the many easy carbon calculators e.g. www.footprint.wwf.org.uk
· Done a home energy check to find out how much you can save energy in your home www.hec.est.org.uk and/or asked the energy saving trust by phoning 0800 512 012
· Reduced your holiday air miles
CAN YOU add to this list? Let us know your thoughts, speak to your Parish Councillors.