Clothes- You can’t live without them- but sometimes you can’t live with them!
We love our clothes. But so many clients that I visit describe how they struggle to find anything to wear each day – yet their wardrobe is full to bursting. So much so that their clothes spill out over the floor, chairs, and anywhere else they can pile it up!
So, what’s going on? We are strapped for cash and space and yet apparently British women still spend an average of £74 per month on clothes, and British men an average of £100. With an average household owning approximately £4,000 worth of clothing, a staggering 30% of which hasn’t even been worn in the past year, that’s about £30 billion in unused clothing.
I find that people fall into several categories when it comes to clothes…
- Maybe you are an over-buyer or an unrealistic buyer of clothes
- Perhaps you keep clothes thinking that you will be able to fit into them again
- People buy you clothes that they think would suit you?
- You can’t resist a bargain in a sale or a charity shop
- They don’t know what clothes they already have
Enough of why we have too many clothes – how can you clear some space and enjoy the clothes that you do have? Continue reading